Category — Etsy Finds
Lovely’s Holiday Gift Guide has arrived and these awesome “Gifts For HER” can for sure go to a number of loving receivers. Stay tuned tomorrow for our guide on “Gifts for HIM.”
1. Buffalo Check Peacoat: $295 Who doesn’t love (and need!) a peacoat this winter? And why not make it a classic that she will wear year after year.
2. Gold Flatware Set: $29-$104 These golden silverware sets are charming and are perfect for the hostess with the most-est!
3. Whitewash Wooden Pen Box: $25 Your creative blogger girl will thank you for this gorgeous pen/pencil box to place on her desk! Stylish and useful, the perfect combo for such a go-getter like her.
4. Inspirational iPhone Case: $35 Give the gift of inspiration and encouragement every time she picks up her phone.
5. Carlisle Street Mini iPad Folio: $65 She’ll travel in style with this adorable iPad Mini case and it’s making me want one already!
6. BFF Ring: $30 Your BFF will wear it everyday. I know I would.
7. Ana Embellished Hat: $79.50 Who doesn’t love a little sparkle on their head? It will definitely keep your girl warm with it’s woven wool and cashmere quality.
8. Le Vernis CHANEL Nail Polish: $27 Gorgeous in whatever color you choose for her. This one is “Taboo” but “Paparazzi” and “Delight” are beautiful too!
9.RAY-BAN® Original Aviator Sunglasses with Polarized Pink Lenses: $195 Ray-Ban has been around for awhile and there’s a reason why. Give your girl these pink ones. They can work well for any season and make the face glow no matter her outfit.
10. Gold “Hey Y’all” Print: $20 If you are in a pinch and need something fast, this print or other sayings will be not only thoughtful but can be design fun for your girl. Maybe she frames it in her room, or maybe needs a fun quote to hang at work. It’s a win win that she will undoubtedly appreciate.
Happy Holiday gift hunting! Don’t forget tomorrow we have “Gifts For HIM.”
To celebrate Lovely’s appreciation for all things vintage, I thought I would share some old and beautiful photographs with you. When I was a little girl my grandparents had an older house with a very steep staircase; along the wall hung about 30 black and white photographs of stern looking great grandparents, marriage certificates, and small children in matching sailor outfits. The babies were always pictured in long, lacy dresses- even the boys!
I always envisioned decorating my own staircase with vintage photos, and although I’m far from a homeowner, a girl can dream!
You can arrange the photographs in different patterns, and use tarnished frames of different colored metals for variation. And by all means, don’t limit your vintage beauties to the staircase– decorate the guest room and bathroom too. Working with different subjects, such as Vogue magazine divas, classic city architecture, and royal family wedding photos will add to the intrigue.
Vintage prints can be ordered here:
I’ve been debating whether to share my throw pillow source because yes, it’s that good. A while back, I fell in love with Anthropologie’s lovely but so overpriced (sorry, but it’s the truth!) Velvet Zaadi-Dot Pillow. I needed it. I didn’t know why but my army green couch was calling it’s name. They were to be a match made in heaven. And so, I set off on a search for a similar pillow at a much lower price. There’s no way that a velvet pillow could cost more than $100! As always, Etsy came to the rescue with Sukan – a European based shop that sells handmade Middle Eastern textiles, mainly throw pillows.
All photos from Sukan.
Such sweet finds!!! Back Bay Pottery is a little shop on Etsy I found and am now obsessed with! My home has a mixture of vintage chic with some modern elements, and I think these little handmade dishes are a perfect touch. Not to mention they make the cutest gifts! I love the fact that she does every piece one at a time on her own wheel at home. She even gives you a breakdown of what she does to assure her customers that each piece is done with lots of care. Big props to Christine Silbaugh, shop owner of Back Bay Pottery. She is sure to be a go-to for cute home and office items be it for gifts or for me!
My dad’s birthday is coming up and I think this mustache mug is perfect for him. His mustache is a little bigger and bushier, but I think it’ll do.
I’ve been to a few weddings in my lifetime and I have to say, for me the hardest part is always finding a gift! I’ve found that a lot of couples don’t really register anymore. And that’s totally okay with me (I didn’t register either!) but it does make it a tad difficult to find the perfect gift, especially if you’re not uber close with the couple. However, I kinda have found a full-proof go-to gift: art! No one can really ever say no to a really awesome original piece of artwork to adorn their walls. In my search to find the perfect photograph or painting for each of my friends, I’ve found 20 x 200 and Etsy to be most helpful.
For my friends who fell in love while living in Tuscany, I found this print on Etsy by Irene Suchocki to be absolutely perfect. I purchased it, had it framed and gave it to them as their gift. They love it and now have it hanging on their wall in their bedroom. I hope that when they look at it, their reminded of their time in the beautiful hilltop town in which they spent their early days. I’m glad that I got to contribute to that in some way.
And while I haven’t yet purchased a peace of artwork from 20 x 200 for a friend, I have purchased an original photograph from them for myself. The minute I saw this baby camel photographed by Sharon Montrose, I knew I had to have him. He now has a permanent spot in my entryway. And the great thing about 20 x 200 is that you actually have the option to purchase the print already framed which is super helpful because framing can get expensive! 20 x 200 offers so many different kinds of art that you’re sure to find something for just about any couple.
Another great idea? Commission someone to draw a cute little portrait of the couple. Many artists on Etsy will do this for an affordable price. You’d be surprised at the quality some of these lesser-known artists produce. I hope this has inspired you step out of the wedding-gift-giving box a bit and shower your friends with some great artwork. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t love a lovely painting or photograph hanging on their walls!