Five Beauty Products The Lovely Ladies Love
There are so many beauty products out there. Sometimes, it is really difficult to find the products that really work and the ones who do just about nothing. Lucky for you, we asked some of the Lovely ladies for their top 5 products and they’re good! We’ve got some repeats (I’m looking at you, Benetint!) and some surprising ones (Aloe Vera takes plant-based products to a new level!). And yes, you should definitely trust our recommendations. I mean, after all we all just want to look lovely!
1. Garnier BB cream – “Does the trick of two products (moisturizer and foundation) but the coverage is way better than tinted moisturizers of old.”
2. Benetint – “It gives that pinched cheek look that perks your face up just a bit when you need it without looking like heavy blush.”
3. Anastacia Brow Powder Duo – “I use this powder freehand for everyday, and use the stencils for a perfect arch on a big night out. If I could have just one beauty product, it would be a brow filler since perfect brows make a whole face look polished.”
4. Nars Bettina Lip Pencil & Shell gloss - “A combo introduced to me during a makeover at the Nars store on Bleecker. It’s the perfect nude pink with just a touch of girliness (meaning its not too brown) that I love. I stockpile these two products and use everyday.”
5. Dior Iconic Show Mascara - “Someone actually thought I had eyelash extensions done. Can’t leave home without it.”
1. Lush Dark Angels Cleanser – “So black, so velvety…and it is never tested on animals!”
2. MAC Fluidline Eyeliner - “I love this liner, it is highly pigmented and really versatile, good for a barely there line and major cat eyes!”
3. Bliss Daily Detoxifying Toner - “This is a particularly moisturizing toner and it is chalk full of antioxidants to fight all that NYC sludge.”
4. Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment – “This eye cream is super moisturizing and it’s made out of blueberries…what’s not to love!”
5. Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss - “This smells like an absolute dream and puts a hard core shine on my lock.”
1. Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum - Someone once told me of the wonders that Vitamin C does for your face. I right away went out and purchased Mario Badescu’s Vitamin C serum after reading some rave reviews and I’m so glad I did. Vitamin C not only protects my face from harmful UV rays but also evens my skin tone and get’s rid of any sun spots or red marks I might have.
2. Benetint - This is a natural make up girl’s dream. I rub some on my cheeks and on my lips for a perfectly flushed, rosie and natural look. One of the guys that works at Benefit on West Broadway actually told me that the way to achieve a natural look is to match your lip color with your cheeks. So yeah, Benetint it is!
3. Midnight Recovery Concentrate - I gave this stuff when it first came out a few years ago and I’ve never looked back. It smells so delicious and after a night of sleeping with this on my face, I wake up glowing…really!
4. Kiehl’s Hydrating Hair Oil-In Cream – In the winter my hair gets super dry and static-y. This stuff leaves my hair smooth and silky all year round.
5. Clinique Moisture Surge Intense – This is my go to moisturizer. It feels so good on my face and is so refreshing. My mom calls it our “face smoothie”!
1. Moroccan Oil - “Makes my hair super shiny and soft. Smells fabulous! Also helping to fix the damage I caused when I did an impromptu perm a few years ago (yes I permed my hair as a 22 year old…)”
2. Stila Liquid Eye Liner - “Great for the cat eye. If you make a mistake it comes off easily with a QTip and water (great for those of us who have shaky hands) but once it dries it stays all day!”
3. Dr Pepper Chapstick - “Rachel Bilson and I both swear by it. Lovely mauve color and tastes and smells fab.”
4. Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo – “Lord knows I don’t wash my hair everyday, this is fabulous for in between washes and rubs in well for us brunettes! I carry the travel size one in my purse.”
5. Jergens Natural Glow Face Moisturizer – “My sister has always stressed to me ‘rays today, wrinkles tomorrow!’ It gives me a faux tan and also has sunscreen!”
1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with SPF – “This stuff is amazing! I have such fair and sensitive skin that this gives it a light coverage of sunscreen without feeling greasy and I love that I can even out my skin tone without looking like I’m wearing a mask.”
2. Bumble & Bumble’s Straight Shampoo & Conditioner – “When I’m not squeezing out plants (*ED Note: See number 6!), I love using Bumble & Bumble’s Straight Shampoo & Conditioner. Recommended by my hairstylist, it smoothes out my frizzies, and leaves my hair shiny and soft. As a natural red head, I’m really thankful, I feel like we get stereotyped into ‘big red and frizzy’.”
3. Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara - “I can’t go anywhere without wearing mascara, and ever since a friend gave me Dior Extase, I’ve been hooked! It’s dramatic and sometimes all I need to feel glamourous.”
6. Aloe Vera - “My hair is dry and corse, so once every month I will go buy an aloe vera plant and literally squeeze out the inside of the plant and apply it directly to my hair. It’s amazing how much silkier and moisturized my hair is afterwards. The site linked has other great home remedies for using aloe vera to make your hair healthier.”