17 Songs We’d Like In Our Weddings
I think like 75% of us our guilty of googling “Indie Wedding Songs” at one point in our life. Am I right? It’s hard–you know–picking a song you either have to walk down the aisle to, or have your first dance to. Especially if your taste in music goes beyond top 40 hits! So, in order to help some of you out (because every time I’ve googled, I’ve only found mediocre lists) we’ve compiled a list of some awesome songs we think would work really well given the right couples! Some of the songs have varied meanings, however I think it should be more about how the song makes you feel. Enjoy!
1. Zebra by Beach House -The minute I hear this song, I think of a wedding procession at a beautiful outdoor wedding. Zebra’s lovely opening of simple notes and humming in the background is powerful yet calm enough for a wedding.
2. Lover’s Spit by Broken Social Scene – This song is really cool. Picture the wedding party walking down the aisle really slowly.
3. Opus 23 by Dustin O’Halloran - For those thinking of having someone play piano during your procession, this piece is wonderful.
6. Vito’s Ordination Song by Sufjan Stevens- I understand this song can sound really depressing at times, however, it’s a very positive song and when coupled with a positive day, I think it would sound great.
1. Don’t Worry Baby by The Beach Boys – I know, this is so cliché. But c’mon–who doesn’t think of hearts, shooting stars, and love when they hear this song?!
2. For Emma by Bon Iver – Bon Iver is awesome. Bonus points if you/your brides name is Emma.
5. Carries On by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Series – It was hard not to put “Home” however, I wanted to make sure the list was original!
6. Yellow by Coldplay – This has most likely been done thousands of times but this song is so pretty and has amazing lyrics.
2. Harvest Moon by Neil Young - In my opinion, one of the best songs every written. Plus, its so warm.
4. Playground Love by Phoenix version – I chose the Phoenix version rather then the original Air version because this one has more of a romantic feel to it.
5. True Love Waits by Radiohead- The difficulty with this song is that there has never been a studio version of the song. So you’ll have to do with either the live recording or perhaps have a friend play it for you? Regardless, it’s a beautiful song by one of the best bands out there.
So, what do you think of our list? Are there any songs you think should have been included? What songs did you walk and dance to?
(Image via SoundtrackIDo)